New member

Original poster: "Steve Greenfield by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <alienrelics-at-yahoo-dot-com>

Greetings, fellow mad scientists... what? No, I didn't
mean that, you aren't mad, really. ;') Please don't
zap me with your portable laser guided ion beam
particle accelerator.

I built a rotary spark gap Tesla coil years ago by the
cut-and-try method. I found out that no matter how
much corona dope you spray on a wooden table leg,
eventually it will fail as a coil form. Fire bad!

I've gotten bit by the bug again, encouraged by a
commission to build a Jacob's Ladder for parties by
the Evil Geniuses for a Better Tomorrow.

A blurry picture of it, the bank of lights are NE2
bulbs wired to blink with a resistor and capacitor:
http://groups.yahoo-dot-com/group/nwpropmasters/files/Steve%20Greenfield/JacobsL
adderPix0003.jpg

A blurry picture of me with it:
http://groups.yahoo-dot-com/group/nwpropmasters/files/Steve%20Greenfield/JacobsL
adderPix0013.jpg

My next project is a small Tesla coil, something
around a foot or two tall. Like the Jacob's Ladder,
this is for parties so it will also be behind
plexiglass.

My wife is arranging a birthday party for me, it will
be an Evil Geniuses for a Better Tomorrow themed
party.

Looking forward to interacting with everyone here!

=====
Steve Greenfield               // Digital photo scanning, retouching,
Polymorph Digital Photography // and photomorphing to your specs.
253/879-0426 voice           // We use the best little computer in
polymorph-at-polyphoto-dot-com     // the world, the Amiga!
http://www.polyphoto-dot-com/  // Based in Tacoma, WA, USA