Re: Safety

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Hollmike-at-aol-dot-com>

I agree that safety is of utmost importance, but I believe there has only been
three deaths due to Tesla coiling in the past hundred years.  Pretty decent
safety record.  You work around energized circuits on a daily basis, so you
need such protection.   I don't know if the people in the picture you
referenced were 'playing' around with a live transformer, but as a rule, I
unplug my power supply before ever going near it and make sure the cap is
discharged as well.
Mike