RE: Megger test.

Original poster: "Loudner, Godfrey by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <gloudner-at-SINTE.EDU>

Hi Greg

The megger test is an insulation test. Without proof, I would say that most
USA tesla coil builders have pigs that are not reconditioned. One of the "as
is" units should be sufficient. Just make sure you have the line voltage to
supply the pig, and don't pick some outrageous secondary voltage like
30,000+ volts. A good secondary voltage is around 14,000 volts. Running a
tesla coil primary at 30,000+ volts involves a very expensive tank cap. By
the way, the potential transformers at the site you posted were very
interesting.

Godfrey Loudner