RE: New (old) bottle cap idea

Original poster: "Ted Rosenberg by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Ted.Rosenberg-at-radioshack-dot-com>

Mike, all:
As a science project back in Geek High School, AKA Bronx High School of
Science, NYC, I followed those instructions to the letter from the Handbook
of Chem and Phys.

It worked very well. Silver Nitrate, 28% Ammonium Hydroxide as I recall.
Distilled water of course.

However,one super important caution!!! (Actually WARNING)
A by-product of this particular process is Silver Fulminate. Make sure all
precipitates, after the silver deposits out onto the glass, are thoroughly
dispersed with plenty of water and down your nearest main  sewer (EPA was
not a factor back then).

Because if the Silver Fulminate dries, it goes BOOM when struck. It's a
brownish, fine material. More powerful than Mercuric Fulminate which is used
in cartridge primers.

SAFETY First...really.

Ted