Re: Attaching Toroid to Secondary

Original poster: "Yurtle Turtle by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <yurtle_t-at-yahoo-dot-com>

Since this question frequently comes up, I thought I'd
share what I did.

http://home.earthlink-dot-net/~adamminchey/top/top.jpg

Shows my end cap. I simply got a 4" flat PVC endcap
and cut it down to 1" and glued it on top.

http://home.earthlink-dot-net/~adamminchey/top/top1.jpg

Shows how I took a PVC bushing and cut it to around 1"
high, ran my wire inside, soldered the wire to a brass
bolt, added a washer and nut, then epoxied it to the
end cap.

http://home.earthlink-dot-net/~adamminchey/top/top2.jpg

Shows how I can attach my small John Freau corona
ring.

http://home.earthlink-dot-net/~adamminchey/top/top3.jpg

Shows how I use a spacer for attaching my larger John
Freau toroid.

http://home.earthlink-dot-net/~adamminchey/top/top4.jpg

I attach the above mentioned toroid using a rod
coupler and brass threaded rod.

http://home.earthlink-dot-net/~adamminchey/top/top5.jpg

>From there I can add a PVC spacer.

http://home.earthlink-dot-net/~adamminchey/top/top6.jpg

http://home.earthlink-dot-net/~adamminchey/top/top7.jpg

As you can see, it's strong enough to hold up to three
fairly large toploads.

Adam

=====
Adam Minchey