Re: Current Transformer problems

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Mddeming-at-aol-dot-com>

In a message dated 11/26/01 11:28:06 PM Eastern Standard Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

> Hi Matt,
>
> The current transformer needs a low value resistor across it.  Like 10 ohms.
> The voltage across the resistor represents the transformed current.
>
> Without a resistor, you get high voltages with all kinds off odd signals.
>
> Cheers,
>
>         Terry

11:45 PM EST
Hi Terry,
I didn't have any small resistors available tonight, so I tried a quick & dirty
620-Ohm one. That fixed the problem 80% - Great. HF ringing is all gone but
still has some overtones. Will try different value resistors tomorrow.
Thanks a million,
Matt D.