Re: SSTC probs---tuning idea

Tesla list wrote:

> <Fucian-at-aol-dot-com>

> Hi, i just had an idea and thought I would let the pros handle it.

> When the coil jumps out of tune, the MOSFET quickly becomes hot...
> Could I place a thermistor on the MOSFET and use a circuit to
> retune the pulser according to the thermistor's change in
> resistance?

	IF the same change in resistance needs to drive the same
	change in tuning, I'd think so.  Similar, sometimes quite
	sophisticated, systems are used to autotune/automatch
	transmitters to antennas, especially where the antenna may
	not be optimum, or the same each time, or where the transmitter
	switches frequencies...

	A simpler possibility might be to have the temperature
	trigger a shut down, to protect the system, preferable with
	an indicator as to WHY it shut down...

	best
	dwp