Re: Funky Topload Ideas

Wouldn't it be theoretically possible to use a NEW car (think event
sponsorship by a local dealer), suspended by a crane, with a volunteer
(sucker) sitting inside the car and then hanging the car over the coil and
connecting it with a cable.

We would build a steel platform for the car to sit on, then suspend the
platform by rope (cable conducts), the rope would extend up 50' then loop
around the crane's hook.

Now, aside from a serious disclaimer with the dealer, how can we insure than
we don't damage the sensitive electronics of a new car? Would the outer body
act as a faraday-cage and protect the interior? How would the large open
areas (windows) affect this? Will the breakouts damage the paint? Would a
person sitting in the car be safe?

duck

Christopher A. Boden Geek#1
President / C.E.O. / Alpha Geek