Re: Coil costs $0.00? and $,$$$,$$$+++?

At 07:12 PM 11/18/2001 -0800, you wrote:
>hmmm.. World's most expensive TC...
>
>Wardenclyffe, perhaps, if one accounts for inflation?

Oh!!

I forgot that!  I would guess that Tesla's Colorado Springs coil and
Wardenclyffe both would easily beat any of our modern coils in cost
(adjusted for inflation and all that given the 100 years...)  I don't know
if the cost for either are known, but the cost is obviously huge for
either.  I imagine the Colorado springs coil is second for cost (but it
worked, although I guess one should add the cost of one power plant
alternate into that :-)), Bill Wysock has the bill but I forget the
amount*) and the Wardenclyffe coil should easily bust any budget we could
imagine today (especially for the "uncompleted" coil division).  John Aster
pumped $50,000 into R&D about that time too.  That's even more that "my"
R&D budget :-)))  A giant amount of money considering 100 years of
inflation!  I have no Idea how much J.P. Morgan put into Wardenclyffe.

Looks like the master Tesla still holds a (record or two) for most
expensive Tesla coils even after 100 years :-)))  I bet it will be a few
hundred more till Tesla losses this record ;-))

Some people have built some pretty nice Tesla coil labs and such so there
is a chance someone has spent more than Tesla in Colorado springs.  But
that Wardenclyffe coil, only Chris Boden's Avalon could have competed with
that money pit.  Of course, Chris gave up in time :-))  However, Greg's
Leyh's Advanced Lightning Facility may be a serious contender...  Greg's
other coils are right up there too.  Maybe in third place...

*Blow up one El Paso, Colorado power plant = $245.36, paid on Dec. 7, 1899

Cheers,

	Terry