Re: First light for an old coiler

Original poster: "R Heidlebaugh by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <rheidlebaugh-at-zialink-dot-com>

on 11/14/01 12:07 PM, Tesla list at tesla-at-pupman-dot-com wrote:

> Original poster: "Bob Bozarth by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
> <JBDetails-at-prodigy-dot-net>
>
>> I had a serious drip problem. The net result was a very bumpy coating
> which
>> fortunately has no impact on performance. In hindsight I think a
> rotisserie
>> motor (or similar slow motor) would permit a dripless even coating.
>>
>> Dave
>

> I used a windshield wiper motor from my truck. I happened to have a
> couple extra ones, so I hooked up the battery charger to it after replacing
> the arm on the shaft with a pulley. The pulley ran a belt to a pulley on the
> shaft that the form was mounted on. The pulley on the motor was about 4"
> dia, and the form shaft pulley was 1" dia. I got a little more speed that
> way.
> Just an idea, hope it helps...
>
> Bob Bozarth

I read on the list about coating and standing the coil  vertical to harden.
I tried it and i recomend it to all. No turning, on trouble. As it hardens I
watch for drips. Using fiber-glass-resin in about 2 hours I have over 1/8 in
of coating and no  drips. It couldn't be easier.
   Robert  H