Re: Triggered Spark Gap

Original poster: "R Heidlebaugh by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <rheidlebaugh-at-zialink-dot-com>

on 11/13/01 4:48 PM, Tesla list at tesla-at-pupman-dot-com wrote:

> Original poster: "Richard Wayne Wall by way of Terry Fritz
> <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <rwall-at-ix-dot-netcom-dot-com>
>
> Matt,
>
> Using a Geiger-Mueller detector, I have not been able to find any
> measureableradiation output even with the tube located three inches
beyond the
> maxstreamer length with output ~ 380 kV, nor from the spark gap at a distance
> of 4inches. (-at-15KV rms.)
>
> Is a Geiger-Mueller detector capable of detecting X-irradiation?
>
> RWW

A gm detector is a tube with a high voltage across a gap.  any high energy
radiation source across this gap causes it to ionize or click. Any form of
radiation that enters the gap will cause a click. Alpha radiation is stoped
by any covering of the gap. X-RAY, Gama Ray, Beta wave easly penitrate the
gap unless shielded by something like lead.
 Robert   H