Re: HV diodes (fwd)

Original poster: Tesla List Moderator <mod1-at-poodle.pupman-dot-com>

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2001 11:35:33 -0500
From: Luc <ludev-at-videotron.ca>
To: Tesla list <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Subject: Re: HV diodes

Hi Jonathan,

I have the same problem couple of month ago. For my application
microwave diode are a little too low in current, this is a 20 KV
PIV bridge I build with IFR307 1KV 3A fast recovery ( 20 diodes
by string ):

http://pages.infinit-dot-net/luc2/hv_bridge.jpg

I used fast diode they are more expensive but they can be used
with high frequency. The 100 diode cost around $ 35.00 US.

Search on the Terry site he build a bridge for NTS with regular
diode around $10.00 US for 100, he build his bridge with a really
ingenious protection circuit.

Cheers,

Luc Benard

P.S. Terry were are the jpg of your bridge?