Re: 555 timer

Original poster: "R Heidlebaugh by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <rheidlebaugh-at-zialink-dot-com>

on 11/05/01 4:25 PM, Tesla list at tesla-at-pupman-dot-com wrote:

> <Kidd6488-at-aol-dot-com>
>
> Ok, I've heard a lot about these things, and they seem like an interesting
> tool. I want to know more about them. First of all, where can I get one, and
> how much do they cost? Second of all, how do they work, and how do you hook
> them up? They have 8 pins, correct? or are only 8 used. Is it capacitance or
> resistance the determines the timing? I hope to use these to have an
automatic
> duty cycle.

> Jonathon Reinhart
> hot-streamer-dot-com/jonathon
>
> PS, anyone reply to my question about 4.5" or 6"  being the best for a
> 12/60....

555 are made in 8,10, and 14 pin case . They cost .35 to 1.75$ depending
where you buy them.  Radio shack and others sell them. Radio shack also has
project books to use them. They use two resistors and a cap for time
control.
    Robert H