Re: sparks running down secondary - why?

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <A123X-at-aol-dot-com>

They are called racing sparks and are due to over coupling. Usually they
should be occuring less with a larger topload, unless the tuning ended up
better with a larger topload. Try raising your secondary relative to the
primary. Spark lengh may decrease but your secondary won't die.

Mark