[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: Perfboard for MMC

Original poster: "bob golding by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <yubba-at-clara-dot-net>

Hi Bill,
    The stuff you need is called matrix board  here in the UK. Have you
tried using poly sheeting? I made a 60nF cap using 350 caps using  some 1mm
sheet that  I originally got for making flat plate caps, and have not had
any problems with it. what I did was drill a set of holes at the width of
the cap and spaced about 1/4" apart  then pushed the leads though the
plastic and twisted the resistor leads around  the protruding wires. This
keeps the resistors away from the caps. It is quick ,cheap and easy, if you
have the poly . I can send you some pics if you need them. I did it in a
couple of evenings with a battery  drill while sitting watching the box.
Hope this helps.
bob golding
----- Original Message -----
From: "Tesla list" <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
To: <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Sent: Monday, May 21, 2001 12:38 AM
Subject: Perfboard for MMC

> Original poster: "William R. Langston by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <blangsto-at-iwvisp-dot-com>
> Hello all,
> Can anyone point me to an inexpensive site for getting perfboard to
> construct a fairly large MMC? Stupid as it may seem, I am even having
> trouble recalling a usable trade name for perforated insulating,
> connection board so I can look it up in McMaster or Allied.
> This is not a high IQ day out here in the desert ;-o
> Thanks,
> Bill L.