Re: Still mystified by odd TC behavior, what gives?

Hi Jon,

On 20 May 01, at 17:17, Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Jonathan Peakall by way of Terry Fritz
> <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <jpeakall-at-mcn-dot-org>
>
> Tesla list wrote:
> Malcom,
>
> #8 stranded wire abot 25' long to a copper grounding rod pounded 4-5'
> into the ground. Any tests that can be done to determine quality of
> ground? I get full line voltage from the hot side of my line voltage
> to my RF ground.

Not perfect but should be quite good enough for the job provided the
ground is nice and conductive. Just eliminating a possibility.
Otherwise, nothing obvious except tuning or...... I take it the
connection between the top terminal and the coil is good, even in low
voltage resonant checks? Other possibility is a cap changing value
under power. It's one of those things I'd have to see with my own
eyes to make any further useful comment. I hope it works out in the
end and it would be great if you'd post what you finally found to the
list in case others end up with the same problem.

Regards,
malcolm