Re: Will I kill my MOTs?

Original poster: "Gregory Hunter by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <ghunter31014-at-yahoo-dot-com>

I've used the same type of setup--two unballasted MOTs
in series with the cores grounded--and they held up
fine.  They will get quite toasty without any ballast,
but short runs shouldn't hurt them.  If the heat
concerns you, dunk them in an oil bath and you can run
them as long as you like.  Mine are immersed in
non-detergent motor oil.  A US .30 caliber steel ammo
can is perfect for two MOTs.

Regards,

Greg
http://hot-streamer-dot-com/greg