Re: Toroid Eddy Current?

Original poster: "Barton B. Anderson by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <tesla123-at-pacbell-dot-net>

Hi Gary,

Since my last post on my toroid measurements, I made a few more experiments
this weekend. This
time, with the primary in place. The secondary Fr was unaffected (very
slight change). I've found
it interesting that the top of the secondary is greatly affected by top
capacitance, but as an
object decreases further down the secondary, the affect lessens and appears
to have little affect
after about half way down the secodary and beyond.

But regarding primary measurements, the secondary has a large affect. Terry
mentioned that the
secondary should be removed (for my experiments witht the tuner) and he was
absolutely right. The
primary was greatly affected by the secondary or any object near it,
including my own proximity. I
would expect the toroid depending on size "might" affect eddy currents, but
any object within
close proximity (i.e, secondary, caps, gap, "distance from the ground",
etc..) will have a greater
affect due to the typical heights of top terminals vs. other objects.

Just my intuition on the subject,
Bart A.