Re: transformers

Original poster: "Metlicka Marc by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <mystuffs-at-orwell-dot-net>

of coarse currents can be found on any transformer if the kva rating is
known and the output input voltages.
example:
i use 3kva transformers for ballasting my pt, it is tapped 71v out with
126v in, so if i take 3kva or 3000va and divide it by 71v 3000\71=
42.25amp and my pt is 300-1 so if i take the 71v x 300 =21300v and
42.25\300 = .140 amp or 140ma.
example 2: if you have a 10kva 14400v pig, you take 10000va\240v =
41.6amp, 14400v\240v = 60-1 windings so with 41.6 amp input\ 60 = .693
or 693ma output-at-14400v
it all sounds more complicated then it is (most things i try to explain
do?) but once you do a few you get the idea and you find that you can
figure most of the ones you run across.
and too at:http://www.alfatransformer-dot-com/freetools.htm
you could download the nifty little transformer calculator that will do
it all for you. and find some good info to boot.
marc m.

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Loudner, Godfrey by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <gloudner-at-SINTE.EDU>