Re: Bug zappers

Original poster: "Ken Murrell by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <kambj-at-hotmail-dot-com>

>From: "Tesla list" <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
>To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
>Subject: Bug zappers
>Date: Sun, 06 May 2001 21:17:26 -0600
>
>Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>"
><A123X-at-aol-dot-com>
>
>Does any one know anything about bug zappr transformers? I'm considering
>getting a used one cheap for use in small coils. It is shunted, and has
>something built in the epoxy over the secondary(appearently a cap). Does
>anyone know what power I could expect?

  In Australia our bug zappers have an out put of only around
  3000v I have put 4 in series on a 3.5" coil for 6' spark I think
  the amp out put is very low on these tranies,but are fairly safe,
  and a good starting point in coil building.

                                               Ken