Re: Repost RE: Explain 3 Phase

Original poster: "davep by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <davep-at-quik-dot-com>

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Alex Crow by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>"
<alexcrow-at-blueyonder.co.uk>

> Nope, with the batteries back-to-back the ends would be "in-phase", ie the
> same voltage at each end of the stack, and no voltage between them. When they
> are in true series, one end is at +ve Vbatt, the other at -ve Vbatt, ie out
> of phase, and you see the total voltage across the two ends. Now make these
> batteries two 'magic' AC batteries and you will see what I mean... This
> really hasn't got much to do with connecting things in series though, it's to
> do with comparing two voltages/signals.

	yep.

	(There actually IS an AC battery.  Weak.  Certain chemical systems
	cycle, slowly, producing an AC battery....)

	The whole discussion (which i suspect we might drop) comes down
	(as i noted) to semantics and what is meant by 'phase'.  If

	If one had a floating input, phase sensitive voltmeter, one would
	find the voltages as below, in phase:

		Red

		White (green)

		Black

	(I switched to the usual wire code, to save ascii graphics...)

		Vw-b in phase with Vr-w

	They MUST be, to get 240 from Black to Red....

	here endeth...
	best
	dwp