Re: Repost RE: Explain 3 Phase

Original poster: "Alex Crow by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <alexcrow-at-blueyonder.co.uk>

Nope, with the batteries back-to-back the ends would be "in-phase", ie the
same voltage at each end of the stack, and no voltage between them. When they
are in true series, one end is at +ve Vbatt, the other at -ve Vbatt, ie out
of phase, and you see the total voltage across the two ends. Now make these
batteries two 'magic' AC batteries and you will see what I mean... This
really hasn't got much to do with connecting things in series though, it's to
do with comparing two voltages/signals.

Alex

On Thursday 03 May 2001 14:59, Tesla list wrote:
> Original poster: "Tuite, Tom by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>"
<snip>
You see, if you hold two 3V batteries in your hand and put them in series