Re: Repost RE: Explain 3 Phase

Hi Alex,

I have not been following this thread closely but I made a graphic that may
be of help:

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/ACTansformer.gif

Just a 480 (or the voltage of your choice) to 240 VAC output transformer
with neutral center taped output and the associated voltages vs. time.

Normally, one leg of the say three phase 14400 AC is feed to a pole pig to
provide the 240 VAC 180 degree center tapped neutral to our houses here in
the USA.  Maybe this shows the voltages per phase and all in sufficient
detail to help with explanations.  One leg to neutral is used for our
120VAC wall outlets while the full line1-to-line2 240 VAC goes to the
stove, Tesla coil, and dryer...

Cheers,

	Terry

snip...