Re: Polyester Film Capacitors

Hi Tom,

There dielectric loss is about ten times greater so they run about ten
times hotter than polypropylene.  Avoid them like the plague.
Polypropylene caps are the lowest-dissipation high-voltage high-current
caps out there.  And they are priced as such :-O  You may want to check out:

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/TeslaCoils/MMCInfo/mmcinfo.htm

Cheers,

	Terry