Re: 1600 turns?? (fwd)

Original poster: "Gregory Hunter by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <ghunter31014-at-yahoo-dot-com>

Hard to say.  I've wound secondaries with as little as
300 turns and as many as 2000.  They all worked!
Coiler Marc Metlika used 3000 turns on one of his
coils and claims great results.  I don't think it is
all that critical.  If you're not sure of yourself,
choose a wire guage that will give you about 1000
turns on your form.  It might not be optimum, but it
is a sure thing.  If you are more interested in
experimentation than certain success, and you are
willing to accept a slightly higher risk of failure,
then try more turns.

Best Regards,

Greg
www.angelfire-dot-com/ga3/tesla