Re: Triggered spark gaps for coils

Original poster: "bob golding by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <yubba-at-clara-dot-net>

Hi Gary,all,
    I was thinking along the lines that as we are in the dark as to the
ideal pulse shape needed
to trigger the main gap we should throw everything we have at the problem
to see what works best.
I might try experimenting with using my rotary to drive the trigger
circuit, others may have other
set-ups they could try. It would be interesting to see what what triggering
your vortex gap would
do for instance. I am not saying don't do it electronially, just suggesting
that as we already
have rotaries we should use them, at least until we get the characteristics
sorted out. Others
mileage may vary.

cheers
bob golding