Re: VTTC provisional results

Original poster: "Herwig Roscher by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <herwig.roscher-at-gmx.de>

Ed Phillips wrote:

> > Been there, done that.
>  Sorry about that!

Ed,

Never mind!  :-)

> The drift would still be there if self excited, for that matter
- I assume(!) that a self excited circuit would adjust itself to its
sweet point.

> but perhaps you need to increase the tank capacitor
substantially and at the same time reduce the coupling to the
secondary.
- I already reduced the coupling step by step, looking for the
optimal tank cap each time and found, that with lower couplings I
could increase the capacity a little bit only. The explanation might
be that by lowering the coupling the capacitance between the coils
decreased and a larger capacity was necessary to retune the
system.

Unfortunately there was no distinct increase in output power.

Regards,

Herwig