5 Turn Primary?

Original poster: "Nathan Morris by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <themfam-at-home-dot-com>

Question,

If the cap value can be changed so that the number of primary turns is reduced,
then my question is, how do you know when to stop?  With the right cap value
the primary could be limited to just a few turns.  There has to be some loss of
efficiency as some point.  What is a good rule of thumb for knowing where to
plan ones primary tap?  I currently have over twenty turns and I am planning on
cutting that back to about 16 turns.  I have 40 good HV (10-30 KV ) caps on the
way so I am  flexible with my cap configuration.  I would like to reduce the
physical size of my primary as much as possible without jeopardizing
performance.

--Nate