Re: Cooling MOFSETS and IGBT's.

Original poster: "Jim Lux by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <jimlux-at-earthlink-dot-net>

Typical distilled water resistivity spec for HV cooling would be anything
above 2 Megohm cm

So, assuming your cooling tube had a cross section of .1 square centimeter,
and it were, say 1 meter long, the approximate resistance would be 2 * 100
/ 0.1 or 2000 Megohms.  Not much current flow.....

This level of deionization is typically achieved by those cartridge
deionizers, which often are installed in a handy fixture that has a
conductivity probe with a light/relay contact and a set point at, say, 2-5
Mohm cm, to tell you to replace to cartridge.

Alternately, when water cooling something at a known voltage, you could
just measure the leakage current.  Using the above example, and running at,
say 20 kV, the leakage current would normally be around 10 microamps

David's observation of 400K with the DMM probes is somewhat unusual... But,
a very very small amount of contaminants can dramatically reduce the
resistivity.  You really need that cartridge deionizer in there for the
initial flush out of the system.