Re: Autopsy of a Secondary

In a message dated 3/14/01 1:09:13 AM Eastern Standard Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

> What methods are folks using the aviod this problem?  Seems the sharp wire
> was
>  the point of arc development.  Specifically, how are folks making the
>  transistion from the fine secondary wire (28AWG in my case) to the ground?
>
>  Thanks,
>
>  Stan

Stan,

I don't do anything fancy.  I just bend the 28awg wire beneath the form,
and solder it to a 20awg wire which I then attach a small bolt to.
I just use an alligator clip to clip my ground to this bolt.  I always
use a wooden central post to hold up the secondary, so i can
adjust the secondary height with a single thumb screw.  I often
route the 20awg wire though the post and out the bottom of the
post.  The post may be 1" to 3" in diameter depending on the
size of the secondary.

John Freau