Re: Modular Secondary

Hi Jim,

On 11 Mar 01, at 12:42, Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Jim Lux by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>"
> <jimlux-at-earthlink-dot-net>
>
> I would agree with Duncan's comments.
>

> > Thanks to Antonio and Luc for bringing this to our attention.  One
> > day perhaps academia will arrive . . .
>
> This is why we need to start publishing some of the valuable
> experimental data that has been collected.  For instance, all those
> measurements that Terry has been making are worth publishing.
> Certainly, there should be some journals that would be appropriate for
> this... Rev Sci Inst is a possibility, but I don't know how much it
> takes to get published there. Some stuff seems kinda lame, but others
> are really pushing the art. Certainly, work like Paul's could be
> published in IEEE Trans on Antennas and Propagation or in one of the
> Computational Electromagnetics journals (ACES..).  TC's are sort of
> out of the mainstream (grin) so it might be a challenge to find
> exactly the right venue, but it would probably be worthwhile.

I was asked last year to write a follow up to my '95 article but I've
been holding off for a number of reasons including ethical concerns
regarding collective contributions by list members (I wasn't on any
list at the time I wrote the original), incomplete data and
modelling, the matter of opinion vs fact, and several other concerns.

     My personal feeling is that a definitive (once and for all)
article should be sent to a refereed and authoritative publication
with collective acknowledgement and the proceeds go to maintenance of
the hardware and software supporting the list. I think its too early
to publish yet. What do others think?

Regards,
malcolm