RE: Cutting PVC

Original poster: "Garry Freemyer by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <garry-at-ndfc-dot-com>

Here's my method....

Lay a book on large table. Clamp book and or another book onto tabletop
using C clamps. Space the book so that one edge is at the place you wish to
cut when a pen is against the side of book.

Lay pvc pipe against board so that end of PVC is against book or board.
Press a felt pen/marker against book and rotate pipe while pushing end of
pipe firmly against second book or board.

Cut pipe while failing misereably to follow the line you just drew. Build
your enclosure in such a way that your mistake is hidden from view.

Seriously, I never fail to astonish myself at how bad a cut I can make. In
fact, the more effort I put into making a straight cut, the worse it is!

You are not alone!

Nother idea that actually might help ....

Get two end caps that will fit over your PVC pipe ...

Grind or cut off the closed end so that you are left with two thick rings of
plastic you can slip over your pipe before cutting. Place the rings over the
pipe so that the rings form a space between them that is where you wish to
cut. Use some duct tape or some other method to fasten the rings to the pipe
so they wont slide. The rings should at least  help keep your cut straight a
little.