Re: Water resistors (and water grounds...)

Original poster: "davep by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <davep-at-quik-dot-com>

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Paul Marshall by way of Terry Fritz
><twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <klugmann-at-hotmail-dot-com>

> Doesn't water dissasociate in direct current?

	And with alternating current.
	(Direct Current is used where the _intent_ is to produce
	H and/or O, separately.)

> Wouldn't you wind up with hydrogen and oxygen under pressure?

	If in a sealed container.  If sealed, and no internal spark AND
	sealed strongly enough to withstand the pressure buildup
	Maybe it won't blow.  Having been Way Too Close to an H/O
	'explosion' I recommend any such thing be well vented and NOT
	operated UNLESS vented.  (eg allow the H and O to disperse...)
	(I refuse to try to do subscripts here...   8)>>)

===========================
Quasi Related, grounding to water faucet.
	Might work IF the plumbing is ALL metallic ALL the way back to
	a good ground (eg buried water mains, etc....).  Much plumbing
	these days is plastic.  Also, if the connection is NOT good,
	HV and or HV RF will appear in 'all the wrong places'.

	(Allegedly True story.  May not be.....
	HAM operator with seashore cottage grounded by setting a
	grounded vertical into the vent to the septic system.  One
	Day he found out the hard way 'the throne' was 1/4 wave
	from the base of the antenna on the band in use.... )

	best
	dwp