Re: All pain no gain

Original poster: "Jim Lux by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <jimlux-at-earthlink-dot-net>

What you really need is a decent RF counterpoise... A piece of screen on
the floor (chicken wire, e.g.) would probably do nicely.  I happened to
have a 4x4 sheet of copper which worked very nicely with a 15/30 coil.  No
discernable RF on any of the power lines, etc.

You should, for safety, also ground to earth ground (i.e. third pin of
electrical outlet), however, that isn't a particularly good RF ground (and,
actually, may make a fine antenna).

You could ground to the third pin ground through a suitable RF choke; which
would still allow DC and 60 Hz fault current to flow, but would block RF.

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Garry Freemyer by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <garry-at-ndfc-dot-com>