Re: Plexiglas problem

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Andrew Robinson by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <poofyman-at-2die4-dot-com>

> The same thing happened to me! I would dip the blade in a glass of ice
> water about every 5in (or when it started to melt. Use a metal blade. Sand
> eges with 60, then 250, and finally steel wool. Works great!!!!!! If you
> have any more problems, e-mail me off list. poofyman-at-2die4-dot-com    Bye
> --

	I like to use a metal-cutting bandsaw, running at low speed. Doesn't
have the melting problem that my regular bandsaw has, and the
crosscut-like teeth help too.  Square edges with my 12" disk sander and
finish with Wet or Dry.  Where the original protective paper is gone
I've found that regular masking tape gives pretty good protection
against scratches, and is easy to get off.

	As for glueing (sp?), Methylene Chloride works just fine, and I've been
told Chloroform works OK too, although have never tried it.

Ed