RE: Spark length equation and pri. program

Original poster: "Ted Rosenberg by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Ted.Rosenberg-at-radioshack-dot-com>

Jonathan:
There are many computer based calculators that will assist you to determine
the best primary based on your power source, tank cap, secondary, top load
etc.
Some use Wintesla, some use JHCTES.
I prefer Bart Anderson's JAVA calculator. You can find it at:

http://www.classictesla-dot-com/java/javatc.html

You can do a very nice series of "what if's" using his interlinking Java
Scripts.

Hope this is of some guidance.

Safety First

Ted
Subject: Spark length equation and pri. program

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<Kidd6488-at-aol-dot-com>

Hi, all...

I have been thinking lately about the relationship between spark length and
voltage. current isn't a factor is it? for example, 12kV can jump about
half and inch, and 1MV can jump, (guessing here) two yards? I was trying to
figure out an equation to find max. spark distance by voltage, but haven't
been able to do so. Someone had to already find it, and I'm probably just
re-inventing something, but hey, its worth a shot...

Also, I need some guidance on making a primary. It will be a flat spiral,
using Greg's design with the 7 pipes... I just don't know how many turns
I'll need. I have a 12/60 NST, MMC will be 11x2 .1uf GG (ggek group), and
static gap... Is there a simple program to determine turns, and tapped
turns? Also, I don't know if anyone replied to my post about the
double-tapped primary, or if i accidently deleted it :-( ... but I'll
re-post...

Jonathon Reinhart
hometown.aol-dot-com/kidd6488/tesla