Re: Working with Plexiglas

Original poster: "Shaun Epp by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <scepp-at-mts-dot-net>

Well the problem is that it's very easy to build up heat while cutting and
drilling.  I've used a band saw for cutting, but never tried a jig saw.  I
used a blade with fine teeth made for plastics, plex....  For Drilling, my
high school shop teacher showed us that soapy water at the drill site reduce
friction and makes a good hole.  Also go sllloooowwwwyyyy  and if you are
using a drill press, select a low RPM.

I hope this help  :-))

> Original poster: "Gregory Hunter by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <ghunter31014-at-yahoo-dot-com>