Re: THOR's strike rail: how to?

Hi Joe,

My view on a strike ring is sweet and sour. Yes, it's an rf ground partial
loop typically mounted
slightly above the outer primary winding. Should a strike seek the primary,
it will hopefully find
the strike ring. Many times it does, but I think it probably attracts some
of the strikes as well.
Adding another loop near primary center winding will just increase this
affect (my opinion). I would
rather the strike ring take the hit instead of the primary, but I don't
necessarily want to attract
strikes (some of which may hit the primary anyway).

Take care,
Bart

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Joseph M. Geiss by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <joseph20-at-home-dot-com>