Re: primary coil

Original poster: "Gregory Hunter by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <ghunter31014-at-yahoo-dot-com>

A couple of hours spent constructing a horizontal hand
crank jig now will save you a lifetime of regret
later.  OK, I'm being overly dramatic, but if you ever
turn a thousand feet of magnet wire into a bird's
nest, you'll understand. Get something to use as an
axle and a couple of "C" clamps to mount it to a bench
or saw horse.  I set the wire spool up to pay out with
light tension out as I turned the crank.  Using one
hand to guide the wire and the other hand to crank, I
wound my secondaries with no help.  I wound both the
4" x 24" and the 6" x 30" in under an hour each. You
can see the simple jig on my web site.

Greg
http://hot-streamer-dot-com/greg