Re: MOT Ideas...

Hi,

The shunts are what limits the current by bypassing the magnetic fields
away from the secondary.  With them removed, the transformer will act like
an ordinary transformer without much current limiting.  In the case of a
MOT, you can simply use a bit more external ballast to control current.

I don't suggest that you try and measure the short circuit current of a MOT
with the shunts removed.  It may be "HIGH"!!

Cheers,

	Terry