Re: first light - 2kW 4.5" coil - underperformance!

Hi,

33nF was for a sync rotary gap not a static gap.  A 12/180 would need a
resonant value of 40nF.  A static gap LTR value of 56nF.  And a sync gap LTR
value of 104nF (close to 99nF).  Johnathon is correct that you can simply
multiply the capacitor needs to get to a match for a particular NST current.
The static gap tables are at:

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/TeslaCoils/Misc/NSTStudy/NSTStudy.htm

Cheers,

        Terry