Re: VTTC

In a message dated 6/13/01 7:13:46 PM Eastern Daylight Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

>for building a coil using an 833a , sg coil etc. Now I would like to put
> things
>  together and have some working coils.  I have a thermall 8b1 rf unit. It
> uses
>  866-A s for rec. and a pair of 592/3-200A in parallel for outputs and 1kw.
> It
>  would make a great looking base (platform) for a tc. Who could help me
with
>  tank and sec. for it and is it practical to use these tubes of which I have
>  many spares. thanks RICHARD HALL

Richard,

Welcome to the list.   If you want longest sparks, run the coil on
raw AC without any DC rectification.  DC operation will give quiet
plasma-like sparks, but they will be short for a given amount of
input power.  Just thought I'd mention that since you mentioned
the rectifiers.

Cheers,
John