Re: Toroid bulk buy

Original poster: "David L. McKinnon by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <DMsHV.DavMcKin-at-verizon-dot-net>

List,

As far as the shipping goes, don't worry about the weight as far as
shipping is concerned because the size of the box will put into the
70 Lb. weight class (see the UPS website http://www.ups-dot-com) so
as long as the total weight of the toroid and packaging doesn't exceed
70 Lb. you'll pay the same rate either way (their actual ship weight
will be approx. 30-35 Lb. by my guesstimation).  Also be careful on
the size of the packaging since the total girth + length of the box can't
exceed 130 inches. A box 32" square + 10" high  will fit (2*32" +
2*10" + 32" = 116" - is how the calculations go for shipping these
boxes).  This is the problem that I've faced shipping our larger
economical toroids (our 8" x 30" ships in a box 32" square by
10" high - 70 Lb. class).  Also, I would recommend specifying
extra thick (double box) packaging for strength - and allow at least
1" on each side for padding when determining the final size for the
order (8" high will require 10" high box, 30" diameter will require a
32" square box).

David L. McKinnon
D&M's High Voltage