Bigger topload giving better performance

Original poster: "Bill Vanyo by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <vanyo-at-echoes-dot-net>

No questions here, just like to share my thrills [ I'm new at this :) ]

Ran my coil again tonight, this time with both toroids (and new improved
primary tap - thanks to Terry), and I got the best sparks yet.  Still
not the 7 footers that should be possible, but getting better.  I also
notice that mine always seem to be more of a purple color than many of
the pictures I see, which are more blueish.

	-  Bill V.

Specs:

Power Supply: Three 15/60 NST's (two have internal PFC), with Terry's
protection filter on the high voltage side, and redundant line filters
and a 50 amp variac on the 120V side (stepping down a 240 volt 30 amp
house line).

Capacitor: Maxwell 30 kV, 0.06 uF cap (model # 37321).

Static Spark Gap:  9 copper pipes mounted in a blower box, with
adjustable spacing.

Secondary: 1000 turns of 22 awg, 6.5" (closer to 6 5/8) diameter, 27.5"
winding length.  Countless coats of polyurethane.

Primary: Flat spiral, 10 turns of 1/4" copper tube, 1/2" spacing on
centers.  Inside diameter 9.5".  Now tapped near 7.75 turns.

Topload: Two toroids, both aluminum dryer duct.  The smaller (lower) is
6 inch cord with 14 inch center to center spacing, and the larger is 8
inch cord with 24 inch center to center spacing.

Ground: 32" segment of copper clad iron ground rod.