Fanciful spark-augmenter

Original poster: "Terry Fritz by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <terrellf-at-qwest-dot-net>

Hi Ken,

I have been pondering converting your fanciful paper idea into fanciful
silicon (MicroSim model).  I made the schematic diagram at:

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/SparkThing.jpg

It is basically a conventional primary/secondary Tesla coil with your
circuit added between the primary and secondary.  I am assuming the following:

Cs = Secondary capacitance = 30pF
Ls = Secondary inductance = 50mH
Fs = Secondary frequency = 130kHz
M1 = Mutual inductance to your coils = 0.15
M2 = Mutual inductance between the primary and your fist coil = 0.30
M3 = Mutual inductance between your two added coils = 0.50
M4 = Mutual inductance between the primary and secondary = 0.10
Lh = The inductance of your top coil = ??
Lk = The inductance of your bottom coil = 56.28uH
Ck = Capacitance of you new cap = 5nF
Cp = Primary capacitor = 25nF
Lp = Inductance of primary = 11.26uH
GapMain =21kV
GapK=40kV

The firing voltage of your added cap should be Vp x SQRT(Cp/Ck) or perhaps
85% of that value to account for primary gap losses.

When Lh and Lk are combined by GapK, they will have to have an inductance
of 300uH to tune to the secondary at 130kHz.  The value of LH depends on M3
so I am not sure what it would be right off.

So It seems fairly reasonable to model.  Not much time in the next few days
but this is the start.  Let me know if this seems reasonable to you and if
I have gotten off track somewhere.  If there are any obvious killer
problems that are apparent, I would like to know ;-)

Cheers,

	Terry