big cap

Original poster: "Loudner, Godfrey by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <gloudner-at-SINTE.EDU>

Hi All

I have a 2uF / 63kV cap from an impulse x-ray machine, and I was trying to
think of a use other than a can crusher. Suppose you needed a 0.1uF cap for
a tesla coil tank circuit. I noticed that if a 0.1uF Geek cap is placed in
series with a 2uF cap, the combined capacitance is 0.095uF (close to 0.1uF).
The general idea is "tweaking" the 2uF cap with Geek caps to get 0.1uF or
less. It seems to work on paper, but will it work in reality. It is possible
that impulse caps from x-ray machines don't stand up well in tesla duty.

Godfrey Loudner