Opera Nikola Tesla

Original poster: "Alan Sharp by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <AlanSharp-at-compuserve-dot-com>

Now for the most amazing Tesla Event the UK has ever seen.
The UK Premier of the Opera
"Nikola Tesla" by Vladimir Nemet

When I start coiling and arranging the UK Teslathons a few years ago,
 the last thing I expected was to get an email from a composer in Croatia
asking if he could come to Corby to put on an opera. But its happening!

Sunday 9th September at 8pm at St Ninian's Church Corby.

Followed by a short coil demo - "Arcs and Sparks".
We will have several coils set up in the church hall and we will run
demonstations and show you how to light up a bulb without using any wires
 - just your bare hands (volounteers welcome).We will be restricting
ourselves
 to about 5 foot of electrical arc or as to avoid shocking the audience.
Nick is threatening
to bring his new big coil - he anticipates 15 foot arcs which would
seriously barbeque
the general public - we will run it at reduced power until nearly everyone
is gone then........

Pacemakers - please do not go to the demo if you have a heart pacemaker -
it may be affected by the strong electric fields.

New Music Ensemble Zagreb
Narrator (Nikola Tesla), and Choreographer:: Mark Boldin
Singers : Tanja Radovic, Sonja Gospodnetic, Vesna Matana
Dancers: Katarina Djurdjevic, Mark Boldin

"Nikola Tesla is the true unsung prophet of the electric age without whom
our auto ignition, telephone, alternating current power generation and
transmission, radio and television would all have been impossible. Yet his
life and times have vanished largely from public access. Our opera was made
to remedy this situation, and to fill this "black hole" in information
space.. It's inspired by Tesla's autobiography, and some lyrics by James
Joyce and E.E.Cummings.The music is structurally really something new, with
no accent on simplicity, none on complexity. Vocal or instrumental, this
music tends to sing sweetly, assertively, forcefully, always under
control." (Vladimir Nemet)

Tickets will be £5 and £10 (same seats but you get to contribute more !) We
will have with us the composer - Vladimir Nemet, and eight singers and
performers from Croatia. The demo's will be at and 9.10pm and 9.25pm in the
church hall.  ( We can take 200 in the church but only 100 in the hall, tea
and coffee will be served at the end in the church.)
The proceeds will be split between the performers costs and Ekwendeni
Hospital in Malawi .

The music can be sampled at :  http://www.mp3-dot-com/TeslaMusic
ticket enquiries email alansharp-at-compuserve-dot-com  or phone 01536 741179

By the way - I'm sure Vladamir would appreciate an invitation to the
states.......

Alan Sharp