Re: Fast ground rod

In a message dated 7/25/01 9:43:29 AM Eastern Daylight Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

> Original poster: "Loudner, Godfrey by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
>  <gloudner-at-SINTE.EDU>
>
>  Hello Terry
>
>  When someone comes on the list stating that they are going to use a
>  15kV/60mA NST as a power supply for a tesla coil having a diameter of about
>  10 inches, the usual advice is to get a pig or equivalent because you won't
>  have enough power to even cause the toroid to breakout.

Godfrey, all,

I wonder how that view developed?  I often use a 6" x 24" secondary
with a 12/30 NST with excellent results, so a 10" dia coil for a 15/60
would seem very reasonable to me.

John Freau
--

Your coil is