Re: triggered gap

Original poster: "Metlicka Marc by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <mystuffs-at-orwell-dot-net>

alex,
sorry, my site is at
:http://www.fortunecity-dot-com/meltingpot/syria/1210/index.htm
the triggered gap uses a 600 watt light dimmer unit, bought from home
depot, and a ford motor company ignition coil. the lead from the dimmer
to the plus side of the coil is run through a 12 micro farad lamp
ballast capacitor (or a motor run capacitor, or i guess you could make
an mmc for 8 to 10 uf?) the hv output is run to an electrode placed in
between the two main electrodes for the tc.
this triggered electrode fires in sync. with the line voltages waveform
much like the way a sync. rotary does, but with much less cost, work and
current drain.
i use tungsten carbide for my electrodes, but tungsten welding rod
should work well for 120ma or more.
i have more to add to my site asap, just follow the site map to
"triggered", blown triggered" and "theory" (for some reason the pages
need to be reloaded once in a while?)
hope this helps,
marc m.