RE: Trashed Tertiary Coil

Original poster: "Richard Wayne Wall by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <rwall-at-ix-dot-netcom-dot-com>

Has anyone had a similar experience with a magnifier or know how to avoid
the output discharge from killing the tertiary coil?

Yes, I observed Richard Hull's big magnifier and he uses smaller toroids
above and below the tertiary coil to control the electrostatic fields.
These toroids were separate from the huge discharge toroid.  They worked
well and I no strikes of the tertiary coil were observed.  I believe John
Freau observed Richards electrostatic field control and I still think he
makes some of these smaller toroids.

RWW